Suggest a topic or ask a question
Notice

Please Note: This form does not post a comment to Paint Talk. If you would like to post a comment to this entry please login and use the comment form. The Suggestion/Question form will send your message directly to Chroma.

Anti-spam Question

Please answer the anti-spam question, a correct answer is required to confirm that you are human, this is done to protect our forms from unwanted spam attacks commonly generated by scripts.

In Memory of Keith Norris

It is with great sadness that we have to advise you that Keith Norris passed away on the 11th of August from a heart attack.

Keith has a long history with Chroma so many of you will have met him during some of our teacher events over the years and will recall his wonderful sense of humour and the expertise with which he conducted his workshops. He was a great artist and a very generous and kind man who will be much missed by everybody who knew him.

Our thoughts are with his wife Wendy and their children, Peter and Emily at this sad time.

If you would like to leave a message of condolence for Keith’s family please add a comment below and we will pass it along.

Jim Cobb

There are (15) Comments, Comments are now closed for this discussion?

craftyrugbymum commented on September 1, 2009, at 11:41 am.

Keith was a very sharing and gifted teacher. His willingness to share his knowledge, his tips and hints about his art made him a special teacher. He will be missed greatly. May his family find support and love from thier family and friends during this difficult time.

Leonie Brennan

Maureen commented on September 1, 2009, at 7:34 pm.

Really sorry to hear of Keith's death. He was a most inspirational and encouraging teacher. A so professional exponent of the Chroma paints. His warmth and humour was infectious. We will miss him, and he will not be forgotten.
    My heartfelt sympathy goes out to his family, and I pray they will have much love and support from family and friends.

Maureen Carter

Jennifer commented on September 1, 2009, at 11:07 pm.

Keith was so talented and an exceptional teacher, and he will continue to shine in all his all his artworks and the works of his students. He will be missed! My prayers are with his family and friends.

deniseallen commented on September 2, 2009, at 6:08 am.

Keith was a funny and warm man.... He made you feel as if you had known him for a lifetime, and was one of lifes 'givers'. A talented educator and artist. Sadly missed, and warmly remembered.
    Denise

Margaret Kirman commented on September 2, 2009, at 6:16 pm.

I was so sad to hear of Keith's passing. He was a great artist and friend, and even though we are lucky enough to have a lot of lovely memories, we will all miss him so much.

Margaret Kirman.

Aurora Spain commented on September 3, 2009, at 5:18 am.

Aurora Spain, Ascot, England

I will remember Keith with warmth and gratitude as he was the one who introduced me to Chroma Atelier Interactive at a seminar here in England which has opened up many opportunities for me and I feel he would be pleased to think that I have produced many paintings using this medium since meeting this warm and entertaining man

carol commented on September 4, 2009, at 11:08 pm.

I am so glad that I had the pleasure of meeting Keith and his lovely wife Wendy & charming daughter too when they came to England. Keith was a great inspiration to so many and his name will live on for a long long time. It is an honour to be part of the team carrying on his good work here in the UK. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and friends.

Carol Anne Swan commented on September 10, 2009, at 10:26 am.

My heart goes out to Wendy and family, for their loss.
    Not many people are prepared to give their knowledge like Kieth was. I only got to know kieth through teacher's events, he was the sort of man that made you feel you had known him all your life, that is a gift in itself.
    I will miss him.
    Carol Swan

Carmel commented on September 18, 2009, at 12:02 pm.

Even though I did not know Keith personally I did learn so much by his demonstration tapes on the web, His gift I'm sure will live on for a very very long time.
    May Wendy and family find peace in this hard time of their lives.
    We thank God for his great gift.
    Carmel

Ted E. commented on November 3, 2009, at 1:03 pm.

I enjoyed watching Keith Norris as he created his astonishing canvasses. I followed his brush strokes and mentally followed his every move. His selection of subject matter was unique. A few days ago I completed an 8 X 10 painting using his technique and will be submitting it to "Jill" for possible incorporating it on her page. Keith was a teacher extrodinarie. I watched his tapes over and over just to be sure I did not miaa a detail here or there.

It was this November 1st that I read of his passing. My heart felt sympathy to his family.

Ted E. Mueller

Arthur commented on November 5, 2009, at 2:55 pm.

I had the great pleasure of being in two of Keith's tutorials run by the Grafton Artsfest. Keith was a friendly knowledgeable painter and tutor, and became a friend. He will be sadly missed. Thank you Keith for your inspiration, encouragement and knowledge---I learnt much from you in the short time I had as one of your students, and every time I put pen and wash to paper, particularly when doing ships and boats, I will remember you and give thanks.

My sincere best wishes to Emily (who I have met) and Wendy and Peter.

Arthur Skene

Harvey-Davis commented on November 6, 2009, at 5:40 pm.

I was very sad to hear of Keith's passing. I had the pleasure of participating in his workshop at the Maryborough Art Festival a few years ago. He was a wonderful man and inspired me at a difficult time in my life. I will always remember his kindness. My condolences to his dear wife Wendy (who I also had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with) and his family.
    Pamela (Davis) Cowan

Brian commented on November 7, 2009, at 1:42 am.

Here was a guy whom you felt immediately at home with. A gentle humour, an effortless talent or so he made it appear. His DVD I possess on Atelier Interactive is now even more treasured. He leaves good thoughts and memories.

Carolyn,Cornwall,UK commented on November 9, 2009, at 11:42 am.

I am saddened to read of the sudden death of Keith Norris. A charismatic artist and tutor. My thoughts are with his family at this time.

Anna R. Martin commented on November 14, 2009, at 10:30 am.

My deepest Sympathy to Wendy, Peter and Emily.
    I was very fortunate to meet Keith while attending a Chroma workshop.
    He was a very talented, creative artist.
    Anna Rosa Martin